Perhaps something wasn't plugged in right, like crooked. I've had weird
things happen when the little wires inside of the female rj45 connector
bend over and touch the other ones. I've had strange things happen with
bent monitor connector pins too, more than once. Just a thought.

- Tom

Tom Penney <blots at visi.com>