Depends on how much things have changed in the past 2.5 years.  I had
Covad/Onvoy IDSL.  In this case it's ATM over an ISDN line to get extra
distance out of it.  Worked great with Linux.  The "modem" they gave me was
a nice little router, I think still have it if anyone wants it, that talks
ATM on one side and ethernet on the other.  It wasn't tough to get in and
configure it as a bridge.  I also found they're late night tech support
fairly useful and actually Linux friendly.

 g> Hey All:
 g> I just signed up for Covad DSL -- 30 day risk-free trial supposedly.
 g>  Here's my question:  has anyone on the list used Covad DSL to host a
 g> web-visible server (e.g. webserver, MX server)?  I ordered the service
 g> with the static IP's, and it is my intention to host both a webserver
 g> and a mailserver (LINUX), but their FAQ's (at least what I've seen so
 g> far) are not terrible helpful in this area other than to point out that
 g> they don't support LINUX specifically with their flavor of PPPoE.

 g> Obviously, this is a non-issue with Qwest, but Qworst hasn't figured out
 g> how to get their DSL into my neighborhood yet :(

 g> Thanks for any insight you have!

 g> Garrett

 g> TCLUG Mailing List - Minneapolis/St. Paul, Minnesota
 g> http://www.mn-linux.org tclug-list at mn-linux.org

Jon Schewe | http://mtu.net/~jpschewe | jpschewe at mtu.net
GPG signature at http://mtu.net/~jpschewe/gpg.sig.html