On Wed, Dec 24, 2003 at 09:13:22AM -0600, Dan Shelstad wrote:

>    Hello,
>
>    I am looking for a beginners basic set up of Postfix.
>
>    I have downloaded Postfix-2.0.16 and uncompressed the files into
>    tmp\postfix\Postfix-2.0.16.
>
>    When trying to do ./INSTALL I get permission denied.
>
>    I have several websites running on this machine and would like to
>    configure e-mail for each one... Any help would be greatly
>    appreciated!
>    Thanks!
>    Dan
Hi Dan,

First of all, why not use an RPM?
As far as your problem goes, it sounds like you're not logged in as
root.  Be sure to read the INSTALL and README files which are located
in the Postfix-2.0.16 directory too.  They should give step by step
instructions.  If that fails, try postfix.org->
http://www.postfix.org/docs.html

They have a lot of RH specific FAQs, install documents, tutorials, etc.

Happy Installing,
Dan