On Mon, 21 Jul 2003 rpgoldman at real-time.com wrote:
> Everytime I boot, with the disk out, the boot process stops and asks if
> I want to reconfigure the drive, since it's been removed. I bloody well
> don't!

 Funny, this just came up on #tcgeeks this morning.
 The general consensus seemed to be in favor of disabling kudzu at
startup.

1. get your hardware set up the way you want it
2. run `/sbin/chkconfig --level 2345 kudzu off`
3. enjoy complaint-free booting

 If you ever need to add/remove hardware, you can always run kudzu
manually.
 Hopefully that's what you were looking for.

     Jima