There are several ways to solve this:
1) Add additional alias or VirtualHost statements to your /etc/httpd/conf
file or conf.d directory.  This would allow you to graft a branch of web
pages into your web server tree.  This is how Redhat is configuring their
stuff in 8.0.

2) Add a link in your /var/www/html directory to someplace you do have
write access to.

3) Use the public_html directory in your home directory.  This equates to
the ~username extension of your URL. (ie www.foobar.com/~joeuser goes to
/home/joeuser/public_html for web pages).  This needs to be enabled in
your httpd config.

Remember that any html files need to be readable by the httpd user (apache
ot httpd).  If all else fails, make them publically readable.

I've not gone into detail of any of these, so if you need better
instructions drop a note.