I'm having lots of problems with Mandrake 9.1. I tried to upgrade from
mandrake 9.0, but the install hung on openoffice and corrupted my
rpm database, So I did a fresh install, but kept my home directory, and
the install went fine. I created a new login with an empty /home
directory, and my old username that has all my old config files, etc in
/home: With either login I have the following problems:

galeon crashes immediatedly on the startup.
mozilla won't load because " error while loading shared libraries:
libmozjs.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory"
Under KDE or Gnome, there is not a menu list of the available programs
under the "start" menu. They are in the configuration, as seen with
menudrake.
rpmdrake has no sources installed, so it doesn't list packages not
installed that came on the install cds. I was able to fix this with
manually adding sources to urpmi, (although the list is without
descriptions and a list of files).

Probably more problems as I go searching -- it feels like something in the
install got messed up and some important final configuration or something
got messed up -- I'm sure most people don't have a mozilla library error
on startup with a fresh install of Mandrake 9.1. But the install gave no
errors, so I'm at a loss for what to do and I don't know how my install
can be different for other people's, but clearly it is. Any ideas greatly
appreciated.

Thanks,

Ben

Ben Luey