On Tue, May 13, 2003 at 10:58:04PM -0500, natecars at real-time.com wrote:

> Sure looks like it's to be true - unlimited bandwidth for $25/mo?! They
> must be trusting you're not going to use much!
>
> Also looks (according to a traceroute) like the box hosting
> www.hostingminnesota.com is in Texas somewhere.. odd.
>
> Best bet is to try 'em out and see what happens.

Oh, it's definitely too good to be true. First of all, you're paying
someone who is reselling someone else's services (propagation.net),
propagation.net's policies:

(http://www.hostingsupport.com/manual/terms.html)
----
Abuse of Unlimited Traffic and/or Unlimited Storage
Our customers are privileged to be offered unlimited traffic and/or
unlimited storage for their web sites. The intention is to provide
a large space to serve web documents, not an offsite storage area
for electronic files. All (90%) of your web pages (html) must be
'linked' with files (.GIF, .JPEG, etc.) stored on our server.
Web sites that are found to contain either/or no html documents,
a large number of unlinked files are subject to warning, suspension
or cancellation at the discretion of our management. Any customer
who violates our Policies in abusing either space/site transfer
will be notified and given 2 days to remedy the problem. If the
problem is not resolved within the alloted 2 day period, the
client will be billed for the overages.

To maintain the integrity of our service the following limitations apply:

Sites with Banners, graphics or cgi scripts running from their
domain used on other domains.

Sites with picture galleries (This is any site where 50% of the
files transferred is graphics)

Sites offering download files or archives. (This is any site
where 50% or more of there monthly traffic is from file downloads)

Sites using more than 30% of system resources

For those that do not qualify for the unlimited service, traffic
will go unmonitored until you reach 8GB per month. Thereafter,
normal data transfer cost of $20.00/1GB/month will be billed to your account.

We will be the sole arbiter as to what constitutes a violation of this provision
----

IE: 'You must bend over, you must do as we say, and you have an 8GB per
month until we start ****** you for $20/GB, oh yeah, it's entirely up
to us as to what qualifies you for this.'

It's unlimited until you hit the limit, then they charge you more.

Their pricing sucks, their policies suck, and they're most definitely
not in Minnesota.