Lansing, Dan wrote:

>Yeah OpenExchange is commercial but the only support they offer is via email and the turnaround times on those where too long for my need....i do much better with phone support so I can make sure the person has all the info I can give them and so I can ensure I understand what they are telling me
>

>>There aren't many SuSe experts on the list, we are pretty much redhat and
>>debian group of people.
>>
>>There are even fewer (any?) Open Exchange Server people on the list. Most >of
>>us run "traditional" MTAs like sendmail, exim, posfix, qmail, etc.
>>
>>Isn't OpenExchange commerical software? If so SuSe should be able to help >you
>>since you payed money for it.

We are running Openexchange at work, although we only transitioned small
groups of users at this point. I completely agree, their support is
aweful, there is a phone number for a small USA office but they can only
help with Suse Linux and claim to have no knowledge whatsoever about the
SLOX. Have you had to license any of the groupware ? It's insane how
difficult it is to accomplish.

And Openexchange is commercial but it is really just a web front end
that has groupware functionality, it's Postfix under the hood though, so
many people here are much more knowledgable than me i'm sure. There is
also a SLOX mailing group much like this one although it's much smaller
but i have gotten some good tips from the other admins on it. Here is a
link where you can look at the messages on the web.

http://lists.suse.com/archive/suse-slox-e/

As to your problem, you can't see the server from the outside? Meaning,
you can see it internally on your LAN but not from outside the LAN? I
guess i could ask many questions like do you have a firewall, etc, and
work backword, but maybe it'll be easier if you just describe your
problem in more detail.

If you'd rather you can email me at home: mpartyka at mn.rr.com And i'll do
my best to give you a hand.