I need another phone for my house.  I was thinking of getting an expandable
system, but after buying a Siemens system and returning it because of poor
sound quality, I figured I should probably ask around to forego having to
return a bunch of phone because they suck.

I was thinking of either the Panasonic expandable, which is 2.4ghz, but I
want to make sure it's not going to interfere with my wireless network.  I
have a Panasonic one now, but it's only 2.4ghz one way and 900 the other.
It doesn't interfere too much.  Or I was thinking about the Uniden 5.8ghz
system.  I read mixed reviews on both of them though.  My primary concerns
are sound quality and battery life.  My roomie has a Uniden phone, just a
900mhz, and the sound quality is crap.  But it's also a cheap phone.

I saw some phones by EnGenius which are long range 900mhz DSS phones.  They
actually look quite decent, but they are expensive and I would assume that
the increased power output of these will drain the battery fairly quickly.
I found a long range cordless phone on Ebay by Senao which has a range of up
to 230km.  Unfortunately, it's not legal for use here as it uses frequencies
somewhere between 230 and 450mhz.  It's a seller in Austrailia.

I also have a Spectralink 802.11b cordless phone, but I don't have a POTS
gateway to use it with yet.  Has anyone used these?  How are they?

So, I basically have 4 choices:
1. Panasonic
2. Uniden 5.8ghz
3. Spectralink system
4. Some unknown as of yet super cool phone system that I haven't heard
about.

Jay