"Matthew S. Hallacy" <poptix at techmonkeys.org> writes:

> On Fri, Nov 07, 2003 at 09:07:01PM -0600, David Dyer-Bennet wrote:
> > Um, which part of their estimate do you think is incorrect?
> >
> > Or are you suggesting that because they're "zealots" it's all bad,
> > even if no particular part of it is actually incorrect?
>
> The fact that I live in an apartment complex, don't fly much at all (5
> hours in the past 3 years), I consume products that were mass produced,
> as opposed to something that took up land in a back yard, etc.
>
> I'm not saying I'm the epitome of 'green' living, but I'm certainly in the
> far low-end for consumption and waste, yet it still seems to think I'm
> a wasteful person.

You live in the richest country of the world with the most
resource-intensive lifestyles in the world.  Is this really news to
you?  You shouldn't be surprised that a relatively modest American
lifestyle is still pretty resource-intensive by world standards.
--
David Dyer-Bennet, <dd-b at dd-b.net>, <www.dd-b.net/dd-b/>
Photos: <dd-b.lighthunters.net>  Snapshots: <www.dd-b.net/dd-b/SnapshotAlbum/>