Hey!  Be careful fooling around with glibc.  That's an important file.
I completely munged a computer recently by installing glibc without
installing a matching glibc-common at the same time.

Redhat 6.2?  Maybe you're first car shouldn't be a Model T...you should
really install a newer distro.  Like Fedora Core 1 perhaps (the newest
free Redhat version).  If you want to use RH 6 because you have antique
hardware then you probably shouldn't be trying to run Open Office.

Brady