If your looking for basic workstation kinds of things to do, get the
cheaper personal version.  If you want to have an extra services like
apache, samba, dns, dhcp, nfs servers, you'll want to go with the
professional version.  Check out the differences.
http://www.suse.com/us/private/products/suse_linux/i386/pers_prof.html

I purchased the professional version because I needed the extra serices,
its been great.  Good luck.