On Wed, 25 Feb 2004 22:11:54 -0600
"David Phillips" <david at acz.org> wrote:

> Josh Truwtin writes:
> > I've finally implemented SMTP-Auth with qmail using mailfront, now I
> > want to try to work on qmail and SSL - SMTP and POP protocols
>
> tcpserver doesn't support SSL, so use stunnel to wrap it.  I currently do
> that and it works well.  You might also try sslserver from ucspi-ssl in
> place of tcpserver:
>
> http://www.superscript.com/ucspi-ssl/intro.html

Thanks for the suggestion, now I have pop-ssl running - works pretty good, except that it doesn't gell well with relay-ctrl which I use for - you guessed it - relay control.  :)

> > (IMAP is done via Courier and IMAPS doesn't seem too difficult).
>
> I highly recommend Binc IMAP for use with qmail.  It was designed to be used
> with qmail and supports the checkpassword interface.  Setting it up (with
> SSL) is very easy, much easier than Courier IMAP or any other IMAP server:
>
> http://www.bincimap.org/

I've heard good things about BincIMAP, but I'm pretty happy with Courier, I MIGHT switch though anyway because binc works under daemontools out of the box and Courier is kind of a pain to upgrade.  Does Binc support multiple authentication methods like Courier?  I first have courier authenticate against authvmailmgr, then authmysql for the few users I don't have under vmailmgr.

Josh