Samuel MacDonald wrote:

> Wow!
> I decided to down load the Gentoo ISO's and build from the 2 CD's.
> I'm getting (remember I have basic DSL) 26.0Kbs down load form Seren
> Innovations.
> Seren is in Minneapolis it's a spin off of NSP.  The connection is
> rock solid at 26.0 Kbs

I Used to work for Seren. I use them exclusively for my portage needs.
The machine is on a partial DS3 if I remember its 6megs. Seren
Innovations offers a product called Astoud Bradband (Cable TV, Phone,
High Speed internet)in the St Cloud area and also in the Concord
California area.
Just a helpful little hint. Add the following to the end of your
make.conf file to use seren as your portage mirror.

GENTOO_MIRRORS="http://gentoo.seren.com/gentoo/"
SYNC="rsync://gentoo.seren.com/gentoo-portage"