On Wed, May 05, 2004 at 09:22:02PM -0500, Andrei Bazhgin wrote:
> I am having some problems getting a PCRE to match more then one
> newline.  Basicaly, I am filtering text ... and there can be no more
> then one newline at any part of the text.

Not sure I follow you--if you're reading a file line-by-line,
you're going to have to try something else.  But if you have
the whole string in one variable, you should be able to do:

  s/\n+/\n/g;

--
trammell at el-swifto.com  9EC7 BC6D E688 A184 9F58  FD4C 2C12 CC14 8ABA 36F5
Twin Cities Linux Users Group (TCLUG)      Minneapolis/St. Paul, Minnesota