On Fri, Nov 19, 2004 at 10:25:18AM -0600, Thomas Johnson wrote:
> my slackware installation is using udev and 2.6.9. i mount my player
> from /dev/sd* as well. I was having problems with an error about the
> filesystem not existing but i think that may have been just me being
> stupid. what player are you using, does it detect as generic usb mass
> storage?

Its a little CF modeli that gets detected as USB Mass Storage.
Here's what I get from dmesg when I connect and mount:

usb 3-2: new full speed USB device using address 9
  Vendor: BenQ      Model: Joybee 110        Rev: 1.00
sda: assuming Write Enabled
sda: assuming drive cache: write through
 /dev/scsi/host5/bus0/target0/lun0: p1
Attached scsi removable disk sda at scsi5, channel 0, id 0, lun 0
USB Mass Storage device found at 9