On Mon, 22 Nov 2004, Ben Neigebauer wrote:

> Everytime I see an exploit for XX version of linux or XX version of
> windows I wonder if there are known vulnerabilities for my little D-Link
> Router?

Check the Security Focus vulnerability list: www.securityfocus.com (and
then click on Vulnerabilities in the top-nav.  You can search by vendor.

> How secure are these little guys, and if there is a known hole, will
> D-Link notify me?

ROFLMAO!

> Maybe I should go all out and just plunk down the cash for a used Cisco
> Pix?

How about let the router route, and build a firewall with your favorite
OSS operating system?  Pix is good, but it's an expensive solution for
personal use, and you may run into problems down the road trying to get
updates for it, unless you have a CCO account.  Without knowing more about
how your network is setup, I can't say what the best solution is...but if
you've got a 486 with a couple of NIC's laying around, you can build a
firewall in a couple of hours for $0.  Heck, there's even a Linux-based
firewall distro that boots off of floppy (I think...).  Tre' cool.