On Fri, 29 Oct 2004, Josh Trutwin wrote:

> On Fri, 29 Oct 2004 08:30:38 -0500
> "Bruce Broecker" <bruce.broecker at toro.com> wrote:
>
>> I don't know how complex your regex is, but Syslog-ng may be able to
>> select on it and dump the log records directly to the new log file. I
>> guess that assumes that you are logging to syslog, and not directly to
>> the file.
>
> Unfortunately it's not a file that's getting written by syslog, thanks
> though.

I hope this isn't too obvious...

I know nothing about swatch, but what is calling swatch?  How does swatch
process the script?  In at least some scripting languages, $0 refers to
the first item on the command line, which is generally the command name.
If you are having a different shell execute the script than other people
are using, or swatch is relying on some environment variables, like $SHELL
to decide what to do, that might affect its functioning.  I'm probably not
helping, but I thought I'd say that anyway!  ;-)

Mike