On Apr 4, 2005 9:26 AM, Richard Harding <rharding at msufame.msu.edu> wrote:
> I am wondering if anyone has done an in-place upgrade from woody to
> sarge and ran across any "gotch-ya's". The main thing I am worried about
> is the kernel and difference I am going to run into getting it from 2.4
> to 2.6.

I have done several recently, without any significant problems.
Debian is not picky about the kernel it runs.  If you want to do the
upgrade "in-place" you can do it all without an upgrade of the kernel-
assuming you want to keep with the 2.2.20 or 2.4.18.  I suggest after
upgradeing the OS, that you install a new 2.4.x kernel (2.4.27 seems
to work nicely so far) and reboot when you have the chance.  If you
want to go to a 2.6.x kernel, there shouldnt be any hitches- though I
have not done an upgrade from woody w/2.4.x to sarge w/2.6.x.

Jay

--
Jay Kline
http://www.slushpupie.com/