On Friday 02 December 2005 09:27 pm, Mike Miller wrote:
> On Fri, 2 Dec 2005, Brian Wall wrote:
> > Tran Micro and General Nanosystems are good places to start.  Both are
> > located on University Ave in St. Paul.  If you need a wider selection,
> > Microcenter over in St. Louis Park has just about everything.  There's
> > plenty of mom and pop shops around, but those are the biggies.
>
> I'll second General Nanosystems.  I guess they are really in Minneapolis,
> but it is near St. Paul:
>
> General Nanosystems Inc
> 3014 University Ave Se, Minneapolis, MN
> (612) 331-3690
> http://www.nanosys1.com/
>
> I have no affiliation with them, but I spent about $2000 last summer on a
> bunch of different things and I liked their prices.  Some of the guys know
> a lot and some of them don't know so much, so check what they tell you if
> it seems questionable.

My personal experience tells me to never ever buy another part from General
Nano ever again. Multiple issues with parts and personnel at the store and
asshole attitudes. Tran Micro is awesome but they dont carry older stuff...
mostly just newer stuff. Too bad they are moving away soon (to Boston I
believe).

There is the Box Shop on University (in St. Paul) near Snelling Ave. They are
a used parts junkie store.