On Tue, Jan 11, 2005 at 11:40:10AM -0600, Randy Burns wrote:
> Wednesday, December 15, 2004, 12:12:19 AM, you wrote:
>
> > I'm holding another of my GPG key signing events on Thursday, January
> > 20th, 2004 at 3pm on the U of MN East Bank Campus.  It's open to all,
> > but preregistration is required.  Please see
> > http://ry4an.org/keysigning/ for details.
>
> Related (to the subject, not the event) Info:
>
> "Improved" keyservers:
>
> https://keyserver-beta.pgp.com/vkd/Help.event
>
> http://groups-beta.google.com/group/alt.privacy/msg/8e2bf718585ea7a6?dmode=source

I looked at those key servers, and they've got some great features, but
I wasn't happy with their implementation.   When they sent me an email
asking me to confirm that the email address in my key was valid it came
in unencrypted, with a plain text password, and just a click needed to
claim it.  I know that's not integral to their trust mechanism, but it
still seems sloppy.  For now I'll stick with biglumber and the old
keyservers even though their lack of good deletion support is frustrating
as hell.

Incidentally, thanks to Randy for bringing up my pending key singing
again.  Details are still at http://ry4an.org/keysigning/

--
Ry4an Brase - http://ry4an.org/unblog/