hi,

we've hit a problem with thunderbird.  apparently when you paste stuff
from Word into thunderbird, and your recipient uses outlook, outlook
then displays a raft of useless tags generated by word and ignored by
thunderbird, often so badly trashing the message as to render it
unreadable.   http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic.php?p=1777205

no way i'm going to convince our director to stop pasting stuff from our
vast array of Word documents.  nor can i expect a friendly response to a
suggestion that he use plain text only.  and of course there's no way we
can get all his correspondants to stop using outlook.  you can't rule
people not even in your own organization.  what's left?  well it seemed
a miracle i got him to switch to thunderbird, but, it looks ominous now
we're running headlong into a switch back to outlook.

help!  i want some other solution!  maybe a different email program?

tia,
greg

Greg Whitley Mott
IT Coordinator