On 10/19/05, rwh <rwh at visi.com> wrote:

> I tired it with VM 4.5 and FC3 and it was annoyingly slow even with
> 750MB of RAM devoted to the FC partition. I did a few searches and it
> seems there were some tweaks to the kernel scheduler used in FC3 that
> had some interaction issues. I was going to take VM 4 off my system but
> just for yucks I popped in the install disk for Ubuntu and it works like
> a charm.
>
> I've since upgraded to VM 5 but never bothered to try another Fedora
> install. Running Linux under XP seems to work reasonably well but I've
> run into problems running Windows under Linux that seem to be related to
> underlying driver issues on the Linux side.

There was also a relatively decent performance tweak within VMWare between
4.x and 5. I rarely use VMWare on Windows, but use it fairly often on my
Slackware system to host Windows and other linux distros. I don't use sound,
as I shut it off within the instance. Aside from that, I haven't had any
issues. If you're having problems, make sure you're loading the VM tools
within each instance.

Fedora will run on VMWare, as well as be the host OS for VM instances with
very few problems.

--
-Shawn

-Nemo me impune lacessit. Ne Obliviscaris..