On 8/1/06, Harv Nelson <harv.nelson at gmail.com> wrote:

> what is the current lap top of choice for linux.   full debian install.
> of course price will be a prime consideration.  I plan to carry it in the
> truck and use mostly for mobile Ham radio communications.

I have a new Acer Aspire 5670. Everything except the integrated webcam works
in Ubuntu. I was running Fedora Core 5 before Ubuntu, and had everything
except the webcam working in that as well. It just took more work to get it
all going.

I would recommend using http://www.linux-on-laptops.com/ as a reference, to
see what laptops work under what distributions.

--
Dave Sherman
MCSA, MCSE, CCNA