I am writing a web application where I'd like to call a Perl script from
a PHP script. The reason I'm doing this is because I sometimes use the
Perl script stand-alone and would rather not re-code the whole thing in
PHP. What happens is that I get a permission denied message in my Apache
logs.

I tried a simple script that only prints out a short string and was able
to get it to work as long as it was in the same directory as the PHP
script. However, when I put my more complex script in the same directory
as the PHP script I get the permission denied message. I suspect it has
something to do with the complex script loading modules.

Any ideas how to get this to work?

Versions:
    OS: Centos 4 (no SE-Linux)
    Apache: v2.0.52