On Sun, 25 Jun 2006, Bob Tanner wrote:

> Wayne Johnson wrote:
>
>> Be it resolved:
>> I request reconsideration of the ban on yahoo e-mail addresses.
>
> Denied.

No discussion, no explanation?  That's how I'm reading it.

I asked how the system works and I believe I was not told the answer.  I
will now make a guess:

Guess #1: tclug-list accepts messages only from subscribers.
Guess #2: tclug-list has sometimes had bots subscribe and spam the list
Guess #3: the bot subscribers have sometimes had yahoo.com addresses
Guess #4: Yahoo bots have caused problems for list administrators
Guess #5: to avoid further trouble, yahoo.com addresses are blocked from
subscribing

That might all be wrong, but if it is right, why can't we just subscribe
Wayne Johnson's yahoo.com account and continue to block others?

Mike