This is a great question, and I hope more "guys" try to answer.  I've
recently been asked to name a price, after being interviewed about what I
could accomplish and how.  and I said uhhhhh, forty?  I wanted to say $100,
but I wanted the work, too.
My not great answer is something like:
- depends on the nature of the work and level of responsibility
follows to ->
- depends on how much you like or trust them --> back to #1
- depends on why you want to do it  --> and back to #1