Tim Wilson wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> My school district has access to some radio spectrum, and I thought
> some of the radio geeks on this list would have a better idea what
> it's good for than I do. Our access is through the Sherburne Wright
> Education Technology Cooperative (SW-ETC). The transmitting tower is
> probably going to be coming down, so realistically we'll probably be
> pursuing a sale or lease of the spectrum. Here's the technical detail:
>
> Call Sign WHR847
>
> Channel	Frequency
> G1 	002644.00000‑002650.00000MHz
> G2	002656.00000‑002662.00000MHZ
> G3	002668.00000‑002674.00000MHz
> G4	002680.00000‑002686.00000MHz
>
> We already have fiber between all of our schools, so we don't need it
> for data connections. Are there any cool uses of this spectrum that
> we should be exploring?
>
> -Tim

The buzzwords here, are http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Datacasting -
datacasting
I think Australia has mytalk.com and yoursay is coming up.  If I
understand it right, they're exploring live, interactive tv talk shows.
The last thing I would recommend, is selling the spectrum.  The kids
need it to work with.  If the school doesn't use it, it can share it
with the community PEG channel folks.  They'll know how to make use of
it to benefit the public.
Tom Poe, Charles City, Iowa