On 6/19/07, Donovan Niesen <dniesen at gmail.com> wrote:

> I do a significant amount of work in with HTML, CSS and PHP/MySQL.
> Most of my time is spent inside Dreamweaver on my Windows partition.
> While Dreamweaver has been good to me, I would like to see what others
> are using on a daily basis in Linux.  Is there anything with some of
> the handier features in Dreamweaver (uploading pages to remote/testing
> sites, MySQL integration)?

I've always been a fan of Eclipse + PHPEclipse and Phing (Ant clone). You
can do remote deployments with Phing through either an SCP task or an Exec
task that invokes SCP; an added bonus is that you can set it up so
deployment only happens if all unit tests pass ;). With  "External Tools"
you can also run Phing from within Eclipse, but I usually just have a shell
open to my working directory (PuttyCYG when on Windows). You can also use
Eclipse's debugger locally or remotely.

As for database, I use pgAdminIII through a tunnel that's open on my SSH
connection (-D5432 localhost:5432), that can also be accomplished with
PuTTY: Connection > SSH > Tunnels - Source port: 5432, Destination:
localhost:5432, (*) Remote. I'm sure a similar setup will work with MySQL.

I hope that helps :)

Harlan