Hello,

I'm considering purchasing a smart phone.  I'm currently a Sprint customer,
and want to stay with Sprint because of the excellent reception I receive.
Thus far, I've narrowed my options to the Palm Centro and the Palm 755p, but
I have a few questions before making my decision final.

1.  How does the Palm OS work with Linux?  Is there currently software
available on Linux for syncing with the Palm?  I'm currently running Ubuntu
7.10.
2.  Can someone who's used either phone share some pros and cons?
3.  The primary use of the phone is for contacts, scheduling, and as a
phone.  However, I will use the internet frequently between appointments.
One feature neither device has is wifi, but I'm not sure if wifi is
necessary with Sprints EVDO.  Is there another phone I should consider?
4.  Being a Linux buff, I'd like nothing more than to have a smart phone
that runs Linux.  Does anyone know of a smart phone that runs Linux and will
work on the Sprint network?

Thanks for your help and advice.

Troy

--