> Apparently, the FreeBSD supporters make a big issue of it, but really all
> Stallman is doing is saying that he doesn't recommend FreeBSD for that
> reason.  If they want him to recommend it, they'll have to change it.
> It's not that he is doing something wrong.  His thing is to promote free
> software, and he can do that better by not recommending FreeBSD.  He isn't

> attacking FreeBSD, he's just not recommending it.
>
> Mike

Agreed; however RMS's own software suggests to users that they could/should
use non-free software since gcc and emacs have Windows, Solaris, etc binary
files, source patches, etc. The general problem as outlined by Theo (once
you read past the personal attacks) is that RMS is not so holy and dedicated
to his own cause as he claims thru words and thru actions and is labeled a
hypocrite.

Sorry for the late reply in the game, I've been busy. Hope I don't agitate
anyone by resuming the thread.