On Wed, Oct 01, 2008 at 07:37:25PM -0500, Mike Miller wrote:
> So I think we should make things work on Windows, but not as well.  If
> someone wants to have a really good computing experience, they'll just
> have to dump Windows altogether.  Make people wait a few extra months for
> upgrades on Windows, stuff like that.  If Linux has no advantages, they
> won't make the switch.

Here we go again.  First it's "we're just not recommending $x - nobody's
stopping you".  Now it's time to get the big hammer out and *restrict*
people's freedom of choice.

It's simple.  You can not get more freedom by restricting access or
choice.  You just can't.  Freedom means being free to make a choice that
others consider wrong, dangerous, or foolish.

Perhaps there would be less objection to the FSF and associated antics
if it were called the "GNU software foundation".  It's certainly not
about freedom.

drue

--
As implied by email protocols, the information in this message is not
not confidential.  Any middle-man or recipient may inspect, modify,