On Wednesday October 1 2008 22:05:54 Dan Rue wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 01, 2008 at 07:37:25PM -0500, Mike Miller wrote:
> > So I think we should make things work on Windows, but not as well.  If
> > someone wants to have a really good computing experience, they'll just
> > have to dump Windows altogether.  Make people wait a few extra months for
> > upgrades on Windows, stuff like that.  If Linux has no advantages, they
> > won't make the switch.
>
> Here we go again.  First it's "we're just not recommending $x - nobody's
> stopping you".  Now it's time to get the big hammer out and *restrict*
> people's freedom of choice.
>
> It's simple.  You can not get more freedom by restricting access or
> choice.  You just can't.  Freedom means being free to make a choice that
> others consider wrong, dangerous, or foolish.
>
> Perhaps there would be less objection to the FSF and associated antics
> if it were called the "GNU software foundation".  It's certainly not
> about freedom.
>
> drue

No one's restricting you from doing anything. No one's restricting your access
or your choices. No one's stopping you from using it, or sharing it, or
checking out the code and doing whatever you want with it, making it run
wherever you want, giving it to whoever you want, for whatever reason.
Yesterday, today, tomorrow, forever. Guaranteed.

It's free as in "free speech," not "free ride."

-p.