On Wed, 1 Oct 2008, Dan Rue wrote:

> On Wed, Oct 01, 2008 at 07:37:25PM -0500, Mike Miller wrote:
>
>> So I think we should make things work on Windows, but not as well.  If
>> someone wants to have a really good computing experience, they'll just
>> have to dump Windows altogether.  Make people wait a few extra months
>> for upgrades on Windows, stuff like that.  If Linux has no advantages,
>> they won't make the switch.
>
> Here we go again.  First it's "we're just not recommending $x - nobody's
> stopping you".  Now it's time to get the big hammer out and *restrict*
> people's freedom of choice.

Did you have a bad day or something?  All I'm saying is that developers of
free software might help to promote free operating systems by making their
software work better on free operating systems or releasing it sooner for
the free operating systems.  In what sense is that "getting out the big
hammer", whatever that means?

If someone who doesn't like that idea wants to do the extra work of
porting a new release to a non-free OS in a big rush, they can do it.
Developers are *free* to not port to an OS they don't feel like porting
to.  Do you want to restrict their freedom?

Mike