On Fri, 3 Oct 2008, Smith, Craig A wrote:

> Perl is great because you always have source and, thanks to its
> just-in-time complier, runs loops as fast as non-interpreted languages.

How does this compare with what Perl is doing:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psyco

> Slashdot is another solid example.  They note perl's speed
> http://www.slashcode.com/faq.shtml#SlashCode1
> and they've licensed their code under Stallman's GPL
> http://www.slashcode.com/docs/COPYING

One problem with learning Python is that I will be less able to make use
of all the nice Perl code out there.  But focusing on Perl means I'll be
less able to use all the nice Python code out there.

It is definitely a tricky decision.

Mike