On Sat, 4 Oct 2008, Tom Poe wrote:

> Steve Cayford wrote:
>
>> I have no objections to a name change. Probably calls for a poll of
>> some sort though.
>
> If there's money involved, maybe it would be good to know how much, and
> then have suggestions on how best to spend that money to maximum benefit
> for everyone.  Maybe it might be better to look before committing to a
> name change.

I think we can start by discussing whether a name change is a good idea in
principle.  I think it is.  Then we can talk about what the real effects
of a name change are:  Updating web page text, web page graphics,
letterhead(?), schwag, and so on.

I think tclug.org is fine to keep.  If we vote to change the name, we
should just change in web page text both the long name (to Twin Cities
GNU/Linux User Group) and the abbreviation (to TCGLUG), which should be an
easy perl regexp kind of thing to do, and then deal with the graphical
stuff in time.

Mike