From: Florin Iucha <florin at iucha.net>
To: tclug-list at mn-linux.org
Sent: Sunday, October 5, 2008 10:51:12 PM
Subject: Re: [tclug-list] Stallman wants to meet us, if we are TC*G*LUG

On Sun, Oct 05, 2008 at 07:21:25PM -0700, Robert Wilkinson wrote:
> Thank you Chuck, I totally agree.
>
> Be
> careful though. One of his faithful worshipers accused me of having a
> potty mouth because I referred to him as another animal.
>
> It might be time for the group to split?

Yes, it is the time - you can go form the TC primadonnas Group.
You certainly match Richard Stallman in the ego department, but I haven't
seen anything to convince me that you are anywhere close to his abilities
and contribution to society.  As such, put the stones back in the pile;
you can also turn in the fake beards...

And while I'm riffing on the "Life of Brian" theme... ask yourselves
"What has Richard ever done for us?",  Other than the compiler,
assembler, a decent text editor and plethora of utilities (1), the GNU
manifesto and license (that inspired many people (including a certain
Finn) to contribute their time and talent to increase the availability
and usability of free software)?

Splitters!

> Seems
> like Stallman is a conceited dinosaur who has outlived his time and
> mission.  Perhaps that is why he was invited.  He should

have passed the orch long ago and just "done good works" instead of
continuing his ranting and raving.  He could be known and