As naturally as it would happen in the MS world, I had my Quad Core System
   running Vista and with the most recent Windows Defender Security Update,
it
   hosed my system.  I was able to save my data, due to keeping on another
   drive seporate from Windows.
   My question to the group is, I am alooking for a nice distro that has
alot
   of packages, is light with the GUI (Not ready for text only..), and
   something that supports the Multiple processor package (Since I'm
assuming
   thats how Unix/Linux will read a quad core Phenom running at 2.5ghz).  I
   currently have 4gb's of ram in the system and it's my goal to keep that
   memory in the box.
   Can someone please help reccomend a strong distro with X86_x64
support?...
   Once I have looked at are Cent OS 5, and OpenSuse 11.
   Thanks,
   Dan