I found the book Ubuntu Linux Toolbox to be useful:

http://www.amazon.com/Ubuntu-Linux-Toolbox-Commands-Debian/dp/0470082933

Amazon is selling it for a whopping $16.

The also make a version of the book for Fedora and Suse.  It mostly
covers the command line, but talks about package management, backups,
networking, and more.

-Chris