On Tue, Oct 07, 2008 at 10:41:36AM -0500, Rob Bayerl wrote:
> In my opinion, a person with manners would have agreed to a meeting
> and used that forum to propose a name change and provide a good
> argument to why we should bother.

Accepting our invitation and springing up the proposal for name change
would have made for a much more awkward moment and hurt feelings.

>                                    Setting it as a precondition to a
> meeting gives Mr Stallman what appears (to me at least) to be a holier
> than thou attitude.

Agree with him or not, RMS has chosen some important principles which
happen to be uncomfortable for many of us, and he is living by them
and preaching them wherever he goes.  He not just _appears_ to be,
but he actually is 'holier than thou' in this respect.

florin

--
Bruce Schneier expects the Spanish Inquisition.
      http://geekz.co.uk/schneierfacts/fact/163