On Tuesday October 7 2008 02:27:47 Rob Bayerl wrote:
> It's like when
> saying "Merry Christmas" was supposed to be replaced with "Happy
> Holidays" to acknowledge non-Christian holidays as well.  Some people
> changed, but most still say "Merry Christmas".

Humbug. I've got Mithras on line 2, wants his birthday back.

That said, even I say "merry Christmas." But the reason I do so is because I
consider it to be a secular, generic American holiday that has more to do with
fat guys and flying reindeer than it does anybody's religion.

What the moral of that is with regards to the present topic is anybody's
guess.

-pete