TCLUG is a decentralized organization.  Several people each play a small role
to pull it all together.  There is the mailing list, the website, hosting,
domain ownership, and planning meetings.

I currently have the admin credentials to the website, but the website is
hosted by Real-time, and I think Munir also manages the mailing list.  I plan
the meetings, with the occasional help/advice of Eric, Paul, Chris, and
others.  The University hosts the meetings.  Brian holds alternative meetings
(penguins unbound) on saturday mornings.  Tony organizes Ubuntu-specific
meetings.  It looks like Jima has the domain.  The speakers agree to speak
without compensation.

There is a difference between 'no leadership', and decentralized control.  If
there were no leadership, none of those things would get done.  In some ways,
it reflects the FOSS community, where everyone pitches in to help.

This is also why a name change is difficult.  For instance, when we update the
website, will we do more than change the logo and text, such as modernize it?
We've heard proposals about rewriting the website in drupal, or rails, and
all sorts of fancy stuff, but who will support it?  And I mean support it for
many years.  RIght now it is stable and well supported.

From an operational point of view, If we change the name the risk of
disrupting the balance that supports tclug.  Yes, the switch sounds easy on
paper, like most projects, but I've thought it through, and it would not be
trivial.  And that assumes we can reach consensus one way or another.

Jeremy