On Tue, Oct 7, 2008 at 2:13 PM, Chuck Cole <cncole at earthlink.net> wrote:

> No:  The efforts to base the group at UMN have been damaging and stultifying, IMHO.  Many in the community do not want to go there
> for any reason.  The other TCLUG things like beer meetings and Installfests have died out, perhaps as a result of the UMN emphasis.
> The Penguins Unbound efforts and installfests deserve much praise, however.

I have no idea what you have against UMN, but to date i recall only
one installfest at the U and that was a joint venture with ACM. All of
the other installfests have been at other locations around the Twin
Cities metro. so no, there has not been a UMN emphasis (with regards
to the installfests at least).