> Date: Wed, 08 Oct 2008 11:12:52 -0500
> From: "Troy.A Johnson" <troy.johnson at health.state.mn.us>

> With all due respect to my fellow TCLUGers, I have no want
> to change TCLUG into an all-GNU groupie group. If you do decide
> to recreate TCLUG in this way, I will try to find another group
> that:
>
> 1) Hasn't decided that GPL and LGPL are the "one, no, two true
>   licenses", so much so that they incorporate it into their name.
> 2) Isn't so obviously and hopelessly devoted to one mans cult
>   of personality.

Troy,

I feel I have to speak up and say the name change has nothing to do with
the license. I know that RMS certainly advocates the license, but as I see
it, the name change is to recognize the software that goes along with the
kernel to make a useful system.

We should remain a group of Linux (and GNU) SOFTWARE enthusiasts, users,
advocates, developers and testers. If the name change (which I'll say
again that I'm against) gets someone to look at the license they choose
when writing software, that's a good thing, but a happy side-effect.

While there may be a need for users of the license to form groups... I
don't think many of us would be interested.

Chris