> I think the problem with the name change is the Richard Stallman started
> the FSF and the GNU OS in order to give people the freedom to do with their
> IP what they wished. And now he's asking us to change the name of our group
> before he'll come spend an evening with us. It seems a bit hypocritical to
> me. We've got a hard enough time convincing people to use a GNU/Linux OS
> without trying to explain the damn name.

He never said, "You must change the name or I will sue you."  He is giving us
the option to chose.  He never said, "You must use free software," he
said, "You can choose between Free Software and Proprietary Software."

I also know, though, that there are people on this list who want the name to
be changed regardless of whether Stallman will have dinner with us.