On Thu, Oct 9, 2008 at 12:57 AM, Jeremy <tclug at lizakowski.com> wrote:

> We have one authentication mechanism: the list.
>
> To use any other system involves exporting the database or comparing it
> somehow.

Well, given that Mailman is open-source, this is very much technically
feasible (presumably one could write a PHP page that would ask for an
e-mail address and a vote, check the e-mail address for a valid
subscriber, then mark them as having voted, without connecting the
address and the vote in the results).  However, I highly doubt that
it's worth the trouble right at the moment on short notice, unless
anyone is particularly bored.  It does strike me as a piece of
software that would be commonly useful though.  (Maybe it's been
done?)

--
Tony Yarusso
http://tonyyarusso.com/