On Thu, Oct 09, 2008 at 02:24:08PM -0500, Sunny wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 9, 2008 at 2:08 PM, Dan Rue <drue at therub.org> wrote:
> >
> > I felt that we were entering into (or continuing) a classic bikeshed[1]
> > argument, and thought that simply taking Florin's suggestion[2] of a
> > ballot and previously used voting method would be sufficient to get the
> > ball rolling.
> >

> While I agree, that we could talk and negotiate the voting for the
> next 6 months, and it's better to act in these conditions, there is
> one side effect. In every voting the questions asked (i.e. how you ask
> them) and the options provided as answers can and usually affect the
> results, so proper formulation of both is useful - and it takes time.

Well, you're making a few assumptions.  1) an uninformed population
and/or 2) a static ballot.  If you believe an option is not covered,
write it in, and see if you can get a majority to switch their vote.  As
far as the first assumption, I can only assume that people geeky enough
to be voting in a poll in the TCLUG are going to be moderately
intelligent and informed people (I may regret saying so),

Besides that, the questions seemed objective enough to me (keep in mind
I just stole them), and they were developed based on user input.
Indeed, there hasn't been a (serious) write-in, yet, so they can't be
that bad.

drue

--
As implied by email protocols, the information in this message is not
not confidential.  Any middle-man or recipient may inspect, modify,