On Thu, 9 Oct 2008, Dan Rue wrote:

> I felt that we were entering into (or continuing) a classic bikeshed[1]
> argument

That makes no sense.  We were in the process of deciding how a vote could
be undertaken.  I wrote that I would send out a message detailing what the
proposed changes would be that we would then vote on.  You preempted that
and other work.  It was not helpful.

This "vote" has been a complete mess, partly, you say, because of you.

> By my count, the "No Change" crowd is winning by a substantial margin to
> the rest of the groups combined, so most of this discussion is moot
> unless enough people change their vote, or enough additional votes come
> in to create some sort of argument for change.

What will they win?  We obviously need to start another group to replace
this one.  This is not really a group at all.  It's just an email
distribution list.  A group has some kind of organizational structure.

> I'm not sure why "just voting" is being met so hostily, except perhaps
> that the results are less than favorable to some people?

The "vote" was a disruption of a productive process.

Mike