On Thu, Oct 9, 2008 at 4:08 PM, Tom Poe <tompoe at fngi.net> wrote:
> I got a dell dimension 4400 from one of the list members, without hard
> drive.  I opened the case, took my hard drive, and quickly got into
> trouble.  The obvious bay space is too big for holding my hard drive.
> Am I supposed to have some kind of frame or something that lets me slide
> a hard drive into the bay?
> Beginner level question,
> Tom

A lot of the Dell machines have trays or rails that you put on the
side of the drive.  If it's rails, they often put a few spares inside
the case somewhere.  If you can't find what you need, we often have
spares laying around our office from dead drives.  I'd be glad to give
you one.

--
Donovan Niesen