Hibernate takes my box down stone-cold-dead only 1/3 of the time.
Usually the I/O light doesn't go out and I have to hold the power
switch.  Hibernate always writes the image, blanks the screen, and
restore properly.  However, I have to do the manual thing often.

This isn't a big problem, but if it's fixable ...  I'm running compiled
Linux From Scratch 6.3 with the 2.6.26 kernel and the TuxOnIce 1.99
script.  I commonly have an OpenOffice spreadsheet, Thunderbird, and
Opera up when hibernating (no internet connection).

Again, it's not a huge problem but I don't understand the
inconsistency.  Do others have the problem?